Return to the Quatre Gats Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
William Strutt print copyright1896

Posted by
Margaret Hammer
(amitiel@netzero.net) on
Thu, Apr 13, 00 at 1:39

I have a print by William Strutt, copyright 1896, by Frans Hanfstaengl. Any information on this subject ?

MT Hammer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: William Strutt print copyright1896

Hi I to have a ltd edition by the artist called Peace can anyone tell me of it's value or history?

o

I HAVE A PRINT OF A LITTLE CHILD IN THE GARDEN WITH THE WILD ANIMALS (ISAIAH 11:6) THE WOLF SHALL DWELL WITH THE LAMB, AND THE LEOPARD SHALL LIE DOWN WITH THE KID, AND THE CALF AND THE LION AND THE FATTLING TOGETHER, AND A LITTLE CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM.
IT WAS COPYRIGHT IN 1896 IT IS IN PERFECT SHAPE I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A LEGITAMENT ART APPRASIER, CAN YOU HELP?

o

I recently purchased a old picture at a garage sale. It is a print I believe of a painting by W.Strutt. It is in reasonably good condition.The picture is of Jesus as a young child with a lion,awolf,a calf,a lamb and few other animals.Jesus is carrying a palm leaf I think. I would be interested to know a bit more about it.Is it of any value?Thank You.

o

Earlier this year, June/Aug. I saw message regarding a print of William Strutts Painting "Peace" Someone had mentioned that this print could be purchased for $15. from a woman in Twain Harte CA. I have been trying to find one of these print for several year, I am unable to find this message. The address I saved is not connecting to the web site. My Grandson decends form this Strutt family. Can some one help me locate this place in Twain Harte. I would like to give this print to my Grandson to give his other grandmother for Christmas.

o

• Posted by
    Barb Brooks
    (cwb@srv.net) on
    Mon, Nov 12, 01 at 12:41

Help!! What can you tell me about the William Strutt painting of the Jesus child and the animals?

o

I too have this print. I bought it at a garage sale for 50 cents, in Alberta Canada. The copyright date is 1896 and # 9.388 Under a magnifying glass there is a man with a white shirt on with an Angel over him. Any info would be appreciated

o

I also have a copy of this print that I found when cleaning out my mother's basement. Please let me know if you have any information about this print

o

I have had a large copy of this print in my home for years.
It belonged to my great -grandmother-in-law. I have been
desparately trying to find a duplicate of it because it has
stirred up quite a controversy in our family. Please e-mail
me a picture or somewhere I can buy a copy.

o

I have questions regarding my print "Peace" and the child shall lead them. Bottom left says William Strutt, bottom right says Gravure Hanfstaengl, in the bottom center it says copyright 1896. No color other than brown and off white, behind glass since I got it about 15 years ago. Anyone have any info regarding this please contact me. I have seen copies of this with other names in bottom right. Thanks!

o

I can't offer any info on the print, but in the jacket of the CD 'This is the Sea' by the Waterboys (1985), they have reproduced a copy of this "Peace" print. They have the words: "Don't bang the drum" 1896, under it. I was hoping to find a reproduction of this print, as well. Any new info out there?
Thanks and good luck to everyone who is searching,
Elisa.

o

I also have a copy of (Peace) I never had a name for it.
It has the child, animals, the destroyed city in the upper
right corner and a gargoyle in the upper left corner. The
painting came from my grandparents house and remained in my
parents attic from the time I was very small. I always admired it. When my parents things were distributed, I was the receiver - how I don't remember. Several years ago, I persuaded my husband to put it on the wall of my room. I enjoy it each morning when I awake. The size is approximately 13x20.

o

I have an oil painting about 131/2 by maybe 16 of the young Jesus with animals...it is in a heavy gilt frame which is also all enclosed ( not covered )with glass. The picture is signed "W.STrutt". The painting was given to my great aunt over 70 years ago. I have seen very similar paintings, not prints, advertised. Does any one know anything about this Painting ( not print )...are there alot of copies outh there etc>

o

I have a print that is by Franz Hanfstaengl. The print is title, " Grief " It has the names Hermann Kaulbach & Gravure Hanfstaengl on it. Do you know anything about the artist or the print?

o

For the woman who E-mailed me about where on the web the Peace Print reproduction could be purchased, the address is ....www.stevehill.org. Sorry, my computer crapped out and I couldn't get your address off of it. Hope this helps. He is advertising only one copy, so good luck.

o

I also have a copy of this print. Did you find out anything on its history. If it is possible, I would appreciate any information. Thank you

o

I just saw a print of this beautiful picture, "Peace," by William Strutt for sale on ebay; it was a small size for $19.99 starting bid. I would love to find a copy or reproduction of a larger size for framing. Thanks for any help you may offer.

o

I have the child and animal print as well and wonder about it the print is old an in a frame it was a gift from a friend who got the print in early 1900's any info

o

Hello,
Je suis aussi en possession de cette gravure de W. Strutt!!
"The Message Of The Child" est le titre de cette gravure
http://hansgruener.de/docs_e/krippen/e_krweihn.htm vous donnera des renseignements supplmentaire!
Jimmy & Carol Owens musiciens Americain se sont servis de cette image pour la couverture de leur LP 1974 "Come Together"

o

I also have a print of William Strutt..And a little child shall lead them..Can you tell me anything more about William Strutt and this print.. thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quatre Gats Forum

Instructions

• You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
  • HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
  • No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Send us mail... Film reviews... Art reviews... User forums... Info on this site...

Learn more about in-text links on this page here